The CTCMASO was formed in 2015 to meet a demand for educational collaboration and oversight in the TCMA profession.
The Council of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Schools of Ontario (CTCMASO) provides a vehicle for structured liaison between member institutions and governmental or regulatory bodies. We advocate for the advancement of education and professional standards of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture in Ontario. We improve the reputation and legitimacy of our professional training programs by aiding member institutions in implementing higher educational standards. We serve as a resource regarding legislative or public issues affecting TCM and Acupuncture education, and support initiatives concerned with the regulation and accreditation. We support our member institutions in delivering educational excellence and in translating education to quality patient care. We promote professional practices within the TCM and Acupuncture industry and cultivate relationships with other healthcare professionals and educational organizations.
▪ to support the development and improvement of education programs relating to traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture;
▪ to develop a recommended curriculum for degree granting educational programs;
▪ to support and foster academic freedom and a diversity of educational approaches within the field;
▪ to provide a forum for discussion of issues relevant to member colleges;
▪ to serve as an information resource for member colleges, other colleges and organizations, regulatory agencies, students, and the public;
▪ to encourage ethical business practices among member colleges;
▪ to work with accreditation, certification, licensing and regulatory agencies to develop appropriate educational standards and requirements;
▪ to promote increased public access to high quality health care provided by well-trained practitioners of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine; and
▪ to take a leadership role in acupuncture safety and jurisprudence through education, and certification.